Saturday, May 21, 2016

5/16/16 Crazy Week

We had such a full week this week and we saw so much missionary work happen!

We finally met our Gladys Knight referral. She's pretty cool. She's a really nice lady, but she's kind of busy. We've been trying to meet with her for like 3 or 4 weeks. We're kind of really awkward people so it was kind of an awkward lesson. It was alright though. Later we saw her while we were volunteering at the Korean Cultural Festival. That was a little miracle itself. Hopefully we're going to meet with her again tomorrow.

The other really cool thing is this girl named Deanna.
So as you probably know we got put in a random district for who knows what reason. Last Sunday our stake president's daughter gave her farewell talk in sacrament meeting. She pretty much invited like half of Irvine which was awesome. One of her friends got snatched up by one of our ward missionaries and brought to gospel principles. We met her and set up an appointment. It turned out she was actually in Woodbridge second ward. Woodbridge second Elders just so happened to be in our new district. Coincidence? I think not.
So we taught her once and then had a pass off lesson with Elders Kenner and Killpack. They were both really good lessons, but I want to talk about the pass off lesson.

Elder Kenner and Elder Killpack are pretty boss missionaries. Even though there were four different missionaries teaching the most complicated lesson (Plan of Salvation) we taught in a spirit of unity. The spirit was definitely there. I learned so much from just being around the Elders and seeing their examples. They remind me of our missionaries.

Elder Kenner is kinda real weird sometimes, but every time he bears his testimony you can feel the spirit so strong. You can also tell he's just so full of love for the gospel and for everyone he serves around. It's cool because you wouldn't immediately judge him to be the type. He's just like a really converted really caring person, but also really weird. He's like Whatcott, but a little like Severson. If you combined the two you would get Elder Kenner.

Elder Killpack is just really hilarious. He also understands the gospel really well. He's good at explaining things and talking about spiritual things and making connections. Also he's a ginger but that's not important here. :]

I have this really short list of missionaries who I think I would have been baptized if they were my missionaries. Those two are definitely on it.

Actually I might as well just share the whole thing!
It goes roughly in order:
Elder Center
Elder Robinson
Elder Dayton
Elder Killpack
Elder Kenner
Elder Fuell
Sister Reynolds
Elder Chan

I'm sure this list will be added on to because there are so many amazing Christ like people all around me.

SO PLOT TWIST AGAIN:
They moved us out of the lake district back into the bryan district! How's that for confusing? They moved Elder King and Elder Ball to lake instead. I'm "a little" sad about it because  I feel like I fit in a lot more in lake district. By fit in I mean people love me there. And by love me I mean they don't make fun of things that are important to me like my conversion story, and my missionaries, and the things that I learn. Also they appreciate when I learn about the gospel and they share what they learn and we all grow together. That's something that I kind of struggled with last transfer. I just felt like nobody wanted to listen to what I was learning and they did not know how serious I am about the gospel. I mad the wrong decision though and chose to be like sorry I inconvenienced you with my revelation I'll never participate in district meeting again. Basically I had a really terrible attitude. I'm actually working on having a better attitude this transfer though so I'm sure this is just Heavenly Father's way of saying I didn't learn everything he wanted me to.
I learned that I feel most loved when I can talk about the gospel and people get excited with me.

I've been learning a lot about love this transfer. Love is my christlike attribute study focus. I thought I was going to learn a lot about how to love others, but I'm actually learning a lot about how people love me. The spirit keeps telling me all this stuff related to other people's love and stuff. I wish I could explain to you what I'm learning, but I don't have the words.

I do have the funny quotes though:

"come play!" -Sister Fullmer
"The spirit didn't tell me I need to play volleyball!" -me
*Elder Anthony laughing* "It's not about should it's about shouldn't. It's like the baptismal invite." -Elder Anthony

"What did you sing in primary?" -Brother Zaffos
"Love is spoken here" -Elizabeth Zaffos
"At first she thought it was called love is smoked in here." -Brother Zaffos

"If you want to live in Texas you have to like spicy food." -me
"We can't move to Texas because I don't like spicy food! It's the rules and you can't break rules!!" -Elizabeth Zaffos (She's 5)

"I need some copies of this." -me
"We can do that! Elder Foutz will do it for you! Not because you're stupid, but because he's a gentleman." -Elder Fuell

"I'll whisper in Elder Kenner's ear at night so he'll think the spirit is telling him to ask you to give all the trainings this transfer." -Elder Killpack

"My hair is dyed." -Sister Peterson
"Mine too." -Elder Killpack

"If I tie my hair in a knot it doesn't stay." -me
"Mine either." -Elder Killpack

I realized that if you combined Elder Robinson, Elder Davis, and Elder Anthony you would have a person named Anthony Anthony Anthony.
(Anthony Robinson, Braxton Anthony Davis, idk Elder Anthony's human name he's too consecrated)

"In our other district." -Sister Peterson
"She means our better district." -Me
"your lame district?" -Elder Davis
"I gave a training today." -me
"sorry your SUPER lame district." -Elder Davis

"We're ALLOWED to shoot the pigs with automatic weapons in Texas." -Elder Brown

"I just ate a whole pizza and biked over here in four minutes." -Elder Kenner

"I think that was part of a cigar." -Sister Peterson
"did you smoke it?" -me
"what no!" -Sister Peterson
"good that would have been awkward. President, Sister Peterson smoked a guitar.. wait..." -Me
"How would you even smoke a guitar?" -Sister Peterson
"In a pipe probably." -me
"Well I don't have a lighter so that wouldn't work." -Sister Peterson
"WHAT BUT YOU HAVE A PIPE THOUGH?" -Me
"AAAAARG" -Sister Peterson
She's 90% done with me at least 70% of the time.

"One time they were trying to get me to see a move that ended at 12:30 and I was like but that would be violating the Sabbath day and they were like the Sabbath was made for man not man for the Sabbath and I was like this is why you're less active and I'm not." -me
"you're kinda sassy." -Sister Peterson

The reading assignment is 1Thessalonians2. Compare it with D&C18:15-16

Love Y'all!



So this is my area
Fun Facts about California
We're gonna come back to my mission and walk Jeffrey trail. It's not long



No comments:

Post a Comment