Monday, February 27, 2017

2/27/17

Dear adoring fans, 

Thank you for the package full of letters. My favorite letter was the one that said "I don't know you, but I've seen a picture." Shout out to whoever sent that, you're my kinda person. Also whoever said they were in art, that's pretty cool. Send me pics of your work. Sorry I can't remember who sent what. The number of letters exceeded my attention span. It's not hard to do..... 

So this week was SO AWESOME! My Christlike attribute this transfer is meekness and lowliness of heart so naturally I'm struggling with those things. In particular I'm having trouble not being really fiery about everything.  

"I'm having trouble this transfer with being fiery about everything." -me 
"you're just having trouble THIS TRANSFER?" -Elder Gunn

Luckily Sister Gage is awesome. She's literally like the most forgiving and patient person ever. She never gets annoyed with me. It's a miracle! Also she's pretty funny. Also she's colorblind! Somehow her outfits are always on point. She wears a lot of neutrals. That's how you gotta do it I guess. 

The ward is awesome. We didn't know who our ward mission leader was until yesterday. I still don't know who he is because I'm new here! He's also going on a trip today. Our Bishop just got back from Fiji. We saw a lady walking her pony. Everyone basically lives in a castle. We helped set up an actual garden party. There are 51 high priests in the ward. I can't get over how excited I am to be in this ward. It might be my favorite ward. Also our stake center is gigantic! I even go to church in a castle! 

We picked up a new investigator. So we met all our weekly goals. I didn't help set the weekly goals. That's always weird. She's super nice. Her name is Rita. She was the last person we called during weekly planning. She was also the only person that answered. Her teaching record had like 5 former statuses that were like Rita says she is not interested in meeting anymore. So it was pretty shocking when she was like "Well can you come over tomorrow?" My theme in this zone is fourth floor last door. We've seen tons of tiny miracles. 
Something I've learned is that when you're positive and excited about things that's like kind of the same as faith. 

Well I don't have a ton to report, but this transfer is going to be bonkers amazing. I'm excited about it. My district leader, Elder Williams, is like a cross between Matthew and Elder Whatcott. He's pretty hilarious. 

Here's some quotes: 

"Oh look! 2 for $3!" -me 
"Yeah... but it's good & plenty...." -Sister Gage

"The Frys and the Bergers should get together to be the Freiburgers." -Elder Williams 

"Mayo!.... They should hang out with the Frys and the Bergers." -Elder Williams

"The difference between Nellie Gail and that place is like the difference between Bill Gates and someone who lives in the hood." -Elder Gunn
"It's like the difference between someone who lives in a big house like... in Nellie Gail and someone who lives in an apartment." -Elder Williams

"DANG YOU'RE TINY!" -Elder Gunn

"I wonder if this is how normal size people feel when they try to talk to me!" -Elder Gunn

"Wow your hair is awesome!" -me 
"Thanks!" -Sister Ottesen
"What about my hair?" -Brother Ottesen

"if this person was a fruit they would be.... blackberries... because they're hard to control." -Elder Williams
"What the heck?" -Sister Bauer
"I didn't know what to say!" -Elder Gunn

"A horse and a black mamba? I'm picturing a snake with huge horse legs." -Elder Gunn

"We have to get the old people to do missionary work." -Sister Gage
"Ye elderly of Israel come join now with me!" -me 

The reading assignment is this: 

I was reading 1 Nephi 8 and I noticed that Lehi says that everyone is coming into the narrow way just fine before the mists of darkness arise. After the mist appears everyone who didn't grab hold of the rod gets lost. So it's like the seeds that fall in shallow ground and are scorched up in the heat of the day. My mind was blown. 

Read 1 Nephi 8 and learn something new from it. 

Love Y'all! 
Sister Atchley

We took zone pictures week one

Found an Ensign from the 70's 





Man walking his pony

Someone was having issues


First picture of sister Gage


Last picture of sister Call

I can get any one to pose with my cow.

That tree tho


No comments:

Post a Comment