Monday, June 6, 2016

6/6/2016

Instead of writing June 1 2016 in my journal I wrote May 32 so that's kind of like an allegory for my week/life. In related news: I can't believe it's already June! I only have a year left? What is this? I've been in Oak Creek for 6 months? Yeah I'm probably getting transferred. Which is a bummer because everything is changing in Oak Creek. We got a new bishop and now Brother Stokes is our ward mission leader. He's intense already. He harasses us every day about how we're doing. It's so nice. Sister Peterson is lucky. Brother Silva got put over Teaching in the Savior's Way. Have you looked at that manual? It's SO GOOD! It's like Preach My Gospel but not specifically for missionaries! you could probably apply it to your classroom. And by probably I mean read the manual before you start school next year. It's so good!

So anyway, this is week six and I'm trying not to freak out. I've never been transferred before.

So I forgot to write about this hilarious thing that happened to us last week.
We went to contact this less active lady that nobody has ever laid eyes on before. Unfortunately we met her husband instead. He spent like 10 minutes cussing us out and telling us all about how they had told everyone ever not to come back or they would sic the dogs etc. etc. I started off by saying that missionaries just get moved around and we don't know anything. Then I just smiled super big at him the entire time. So it was hilarious because he would alternate between saying the rudest stuff I've ever heard and apologizing profusely because he didn't want to offend us personally. It was so interesting to me because he quickly lost ill will towards us but maintained it towards the church. It just reminded me of how people view members of the church and "the church" as two separate things. Don't people know that any organization is made up of many individuals? Just something I think about all the time.
Luke 6:
 22 Blessed are ye, when men shall hate you, and when they shall separate you from their company, and shall reproach you, and cast out your name as evil, for the Son of man’s sake.
 23 Rejoice ye in that day, and leap for joy: for, behold, your reward is great in heaven: for in the like manner did their fathers unto the prophets.
This week was kind of weird because we worked SO HARD last week and this week. We talked to over 200 people in the past two weeks. Except all week I wasn't recognizing the spirit. So I was praying and searching and trying to feel the spirit and trying to figure out what was wrong. I kept thinking "If I do everything right and go out and work as hard as I can I'll get it back."
So that's what I did, but instead I just got really stressed out. So we made it to weekly planning and got to comp inventory and I freaked out and cried a lot and was emo for like two hours. I was explaining everything I was feeling to Sister Peterson and it was hard because she was basically like "well I can't help you because welcome to every day of my life." So I talked to Sister Fullmer and she straightened me out.
The funny thing is I was being lead by the spirit and feeling it super strongly THE ENTIRE TIME. There was a point where I was praying and having all these thoughts about how much Heavenly Father loves me and how he hasn't abandoned me etc. I was like "Oh this is the spirit saying all these things to me." yet I didn't feel joy. It was like I started struggling and the automatic thing that happened was that Heavenly Father reassured me that he was still there and that I wasn't doing anything wrong.
I was crying and I just opened my scriptures to Mosiah 27:

36 And thus they were instruments in the hands of God in bringing many to the knowledge of the truth, yea, to the knowledge of their Redeemer.
 37 And how blessed are they! For they did publish peace; they did publish good tidings of good; and they did declare unto the people that the Lord reigneth.
and the spirit just told me for like 10 minutes continually that I was doing just fine.
Sunday was amazing. I received so much revelation and felt the love of my savior. I prayed to learn something new about the sacrament and our Sunday school lesson was on the sacrament. The teacher said that lesson "stood out to him" that morning. I learned a lot it was amazing. Then there was the temple music night devotional and I saw SO MANY PEOPLE THAT I CARE ABOUT! It was amazing! Sister Shober and Elder Dayton KILLED it. They are such good singers. Sister Shober is my best friend forever.
Funny Quotes:
"EW DON'T TOUCH HER KNEES"- Said no one ever (me)

"They were in the foyer." -Sister Henderson
"Oh I don't know I didn't pass to that foyer." -Said no one ever (Ryan Henderson)

"Oh she's on the floor. Oh no she looks drunk. Oh no take a picture." -Sister Fullmer

(Sorry for dat knee tho)

"Elder Te'o are you secretly a big geek?" -me
"IT'S NOT A SECRET" -Elder Mills

"Unless he's obese or unworthy he should just go on a mission." -Elder Mills
"That's what I said." -Me
"You used the word obese? That stings Sister Atchley." -Elder Mills

President Orgill said I'm a "good one" This isn't funny this is actually a major accomplishment.

"I brought snacks so if my training is bad you will still like it." -Sister Worthen

"Put it in the wheat thins box, that's our trashcan." -Sister Fullmer

"He's FROM the ghetto not OF the ghetto" - Elder Mills

"The assistants can help me! Wait why do I think they're gonna know how to spell? Actually I bet Elder Everett is lowkey a spelling be champ or something." -Me
"What the heck why?" -Sister Peterson

"Hey Elders! I need help! Can you spell circumstances?" -Me
"Uh it's C-I-R-C-U-M-S-T-A... N-C-E-S..." -Elder Everett
#CalledIt

"If I eat these unblessed french-fries will I go to hell?" -me
"probably." -Sister Peterson
"Rad." -me
"I ate one. That's probably why I have the hiccups. Then again you've had like 5 and nothing has happened." -Sister Peterson
"Well I'm probably just more righteous so it takes more for it to have an effect." -Me
"HEY!! You're probably right actually." -Sister Peterson

"Have I even had hiccups since you've been here?" -Me
"WHAT!?" -Sister Peterson
"Uh... Hiccups?" -Me
"OH I thought you said HOOKups." -Sister Peterson
(She didn't say no immediately which means she had to think about it...........)

"A farm boy..." -Sister Worthen
"I raised goats." -Elder Killpack
"Oh so you and Elder Center are good friends then?" -Me

"Hey Sisters does your phone not work or do YOU not work?" -Brother Turner
(Our dinner rescheduled on the one day we left our phone at home)

"Pretend like you're dead." -Elder Brown
"Good morning Elder Richards!" -Everyone
"Y'all are terrible at being dead." -Elder Brown

"Basically this isn't normal for me because I'm usually so aware that I'm feeling the spirit and right now I'm not. I've been working so hard though and trying to do everything right so I don't know what would have happened. It's not like I downed a six-pack or kissed a boy or anything so I don't know why anything would be different." -me
"Well Sister Atchley I think what you're experiencing is something called normal for the rest of us." -Sister Fullmer

"New testament makes no sense unless you read it with the spirit." -Elder Davis
"What it makes so much sense! He's talking about -this-" -Me
"THAT'S BECAUSE YOU HAVE THE SPIRIT!" -Elder Davis

"Sister Peterson has six boyfriends, one for each day of the week." -Elder Davis
"Except Sunday, that's the Lord's day." -Me
"You took the thoughts out of my mind." -Elder Davis

"Could we be companions?" -Sister Hobbs
"Nobody would take us seriously." -Me
"Not a single person!" -Sister Hobbs

"A prophet would be the best super hero because he can just do everything by his faith." -Elder Davis
"A prophet would be a terrible super hero! Those guys get killed ALL THE TIME!" -Me

Your reading assignment is Mosiah 4. Pay close attention to what King Benjamin is trying to tell us in the last two verses.
Also Mosiah 5:1 "So anyway does that make sense?" after like 3 chapters of intense throw down.
LOVE Y'ALL!!

I MADE PLANER COVERS

#StoryOfMyLife
I'm pretty sure President Clark will bring iPads and paper will become obsolete.
This one's for Sister Fullmer

OTHER PICTURES
This is a mission vehicle.
KIA makes me a little uncomfortable.

​If you know what I mean...



"Hello Sir! You seem a little short of breath. May I introduce the Lord's law of health?"
Ok but..... Who enforces this?


No comments:

Post a Comment